Rainthorpe Transport Ltd – Privacy Statement
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
In the regular course of operating, Rainthorpe Transport Ltd acquires personal data by interaction and communication with various parties (including individuals). We take seriously our obligations to protect such personal data and have established this Privacy Statement as evidence to our commitment.
This Privacy Statement is designed to accomplish the following specific objectives:
• Increase awareness of regulatory, legal, and corporate requirements for handling and protecting personal data,
• Set forth minimum guidelines for the collection, use, sharing, protection and other processing of personal data,
• Enable us to meet business, legal, and regulatory responsibilities relating to personal data.
Collection of Personal Data
The personal data you give us/that we will process may include:
• Names and job titles
• Contact details including company name, postal addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers
• Trading history
• Credit checking details
• Bank and payment details
Purposes of Processing Personal Data
We will only use the information you give to us or that we collect about you to:
• Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, and services that you request from us
• Ensure we comply with our reporting and legal requirements
• Notify you about changes to our service
Disclosure of Personal Data
Rainthorpe Transport Ltd may share personal data with third parties as required for reasonable business purposes (in accordance with applicable legal requirements) including:
• The police
• Telematics companies and system providers
• Suppliers/sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or them
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a
condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Duration of Retention of Personal Data
We will not hold your personal data for longer than we consider necessary for reasonable business purposes or as authorised by an individual.
Your personal data will not be used for marketing purposes, and we will never pass on or sell any personal information to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
The Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulation by email request to email@example.com. In some situations you will have the right to ask us not to process your information for any purpose. Where relevant you can exercise this right at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorised access and to ensure that the personal data we hold as Data Processor is kept secure. Information you provide to us is stored in paper form and on electronically on our secure internal server, at our secure office. All data held will be for internal use only and for the purposes of our trading activities with you.
Web Browser Cookies
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Any changes we make to this Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page.
Complaints, Questions and Comments
If you have a complaint about the way in which we collect, process and store your personal data which you do not feel can be resolved by contacting us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.